changed: interface

Published by Miles Vincent Grimes under , , , , , , on 3:03 PM
Are you ready for this? INTERFACE is more than a four- to six-week college course. It's an intense immersion into tribal missions, set among the rugged Highlands of Papua New Guinea.



GO. LEARN. CHANGE. INTERFACE - ntm.org/interface - ©NTMJan2008

I must say that this video is quite amazing and encapsulates the very experience I had in Papua New Guinea (PNG). God enabled me to travel to PNG the summer of 2006 with my family to visit my aunt who is a missionary there (the Lord allowed me to travel back to PNG this last summer of 2007 for 10 weeks). We stayed for about 3.5 weeks, the most influential and life-changing weeks of my existence (excluding the day that I became part of the family of God). We stayed on the Interface campus and since there wasn't much to do, I sat in on some of the core classes of the course. God shook my world. Before we took this trip, my goals were set on working my way to Broadway and eventually the big screen (in a nutshell). That's what I wanted to do. That was MY passion. That would be MY mission field. How self-centered and foolish of me to pursue my own way without the council of Christ! I didn't even really care where He wanted me or what His will was for my life. How mistaken I was!

You see, what I learned that summer was that world evangelism is the responsibility of every believer! Not just a select few who are "called." I'm sure you've heard the verse many times before, but read it again:

But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.
-Acts 1:8
Notice anything different about the verse?? Jerusalem AND Judea AND Samaria AND to the ends of the earth. So often have I heard people tell me that Jerusalem is the equivalent to Escondido, Judea to San Diego, Samaria to California, to the ends of the earth. That's perfectly fine, but how is it portrayed and ultimately how is it viewed? Go ahead, take your pick?...NO! Whether it is through support or on the front lines translating God's word amongst a tribe who still practices cannibalism, we are all called to world evangelism.

And about this call..."The Call" was meant for the body of Christ; not for the individuals. The body of Christ collectively as a whole is called to world evangelism, and this is something that I had never grasped before this God ordained appointment in the Highlands of Papua New Guinea.

Interface drastically changed my outlook on life and purpose and I can't wait to get to the mission field, where the desire of my heart lies! May His desires continue to become my desires:

Delight yourself in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart. -Psalm 37:4

1 comments:

Eric Smith said... @ January 26, 2008 at 4:23 PM

Right on Miles! Right on!!

Eric Smith

Post a Comment